2) Revlon's Super Lustrous Lip gloss in Life's A Peach: First, just wanna mention the SPF... second, just want to point out the awesome moisturizing ability! Third, just wanted to tell you about the shine quality, staying power, and really pretty color!!!
3) Wet N' Wild's Spotlight Peach: I don't know if this is discontinued or not but I LOVE this color! I makes me look healthy but in a "I've been in the sun all day" kinda blush! Which is just perfect for summer I think!! I've had this blush since 2009 and it is still not going away!!! And I swear, I use it everyday for summer for past two years! It's crazy.
4) Bath and Body Work's scent for the summer: Bali Mango Fragrance Mist. OMG- even though I already have a ton of body spray that I need to use up... I just couldn't pass this up. It smells so nice, sweet and just like a the perfect SUMMER. YES, it smells like "the perfect summer". Haha!!
5) Eye brightening colors - I put these shades all over my lids with some black eyeliner and I just find that it is such a good look for summer. Very shimmery, very pretty but classy and simple at the same time. Those are my three favorite shades to do that look with.
Ulta's Rose Dusk is definitely the coolest of them all because it has a like a rosy undertone.
CoverGirl's Mink is so pretty because it is the most reflective.
NYX's Champagne is my oldest, most used, and most loved! It's got this gorgeous golden shine.
What are some of your favorites???
♥ It was my birthday on Wednesday! It was very nice. My parents... got me a new purse :) AND a mascara... that I'm kinda excited and yet very scared about!!! LOL!! You'll see.
♥ As a birthday celebration, I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 last night.
Let me just say... I CRIED. I cried 20 minutes into the movie and the tears pretty much just kept coming. I stopped crying in the last 30 mins but it was just... a great ending!
Why people make such a big deal? - honestly, I think we all fell in love with the characters. I met Harry Potter when I was 11 and I just grew in love with his world, his friends, his enemies, his quest - his magical world. It's different than Twilight because it is not just about two people. Harry Potter is about entire world; designed with wild imagination and careful creation, beyond anything I've seen in my generation! And each book contain these epic adventures that eventually tie together into a beautiful conclusion. I think I cried, even though I know what will happen, because I feel like my magical adventure is coming to an end as well. Most of all, I feet for these characters - The Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Snape, Neville, Malfoy... all of them!
And for those of you who aren't really fans of the book or of the movies, just go see it - it's got fantastic filming... and Snape scenes are just amazing!
Although, I don't really give a crap about Ginny... haha
I haven't hauled like this in forever but I just went crazy this weekend!!! Most of it was on sale and I got pretty sweet deals too... so let's just get started! YES, I'm very excited about what I got.
First off, I have been meaning to get a new pair of sun glasses for weeks now! My favorite pair of sun glasses broke a few months ago and I've been wearing this other pair that just doesn't look that great. I have been searching high and low for a new pair that looked like my old ones but, truth be told, that last pair was just too perfect to replace. But I think I found something pretty close!
At the same place I found these sun glasses, I also picked up a new wallet. I first saw this wallet and thought it looked really good... but it was $12.50 and I just thought I could find better ones for less. But today I just gave in to temptation... and turned out that wallet was on sale! YES - on sale for $5!!! WHAT? Hahaha I was so happy!!! To quote JLo- "I'm lucky like a four leaf clover"... haha
What do you think?
On Saturday, I went to Ulta because I received the coupon for $3.50 off $10 purchase. I saw that the Ulta brand was having a sale and wanted to check it out.
NOW... you guys... I really really recommend you going to Ulta and check out some of those products!!! Especially the Automatic Eye Pencil and single shadows!!! I was swatching the eye shadows for like 30 mins because I couldn't decide what to get! They had many options and I would've gotten so many but I had to control myself... haha
I also got a new mascara - L'Oreal's Voluminous Naturale in Blackest Black --> possibly of the my favorite mascara EVER!
Liner- $1 in charcoal; Single Shadows- $2 each; Top: Rose Dusk, Bottom: Eggplant
By the way, that liner is FANTASTIC! Way better than Revlon's Colorstay because it is long lasting but goes on very creamy! I think I might go back to grab a few more since it is only $1!!! And for those of you who LOVE eye shadows, please go check out there single shadows collection. The greatest thing about Ulta brand make up is that you get to try it out and swatch the colors before you buy.
Anyways, I am so happy about my purchases overall!!
What have you guys been hauling?? Please share!!
♥ My Bday is next week!!!!! UGH I don't like getting older... But I did get a cute dress to wear to it! HAUL HAUL HAUL - that's all I did this weekend - I swear.
♥ I got complimented on my eye make up today - woot woot
♥ New dislike: Product placement (OBVIOUS ones) in music videos... who here agrees w/ me?
♥ I got me new sun glasses & wallet ---- the only thing I need now is a new purse... anyone know a good place for a cheap (less than $30) bag???
I haven't tried any smokey eye looks lately but after watching Miss USA a couple of weeks ago, I was inspired to do something like that!
FYI- I don't really watch Miss USA - I just happened to came across it and... strangely wanted to watch the entire ending b/c of their make up! Haha... they had on the prettiest eye looks and I was enchanted by that!!! WEIRD huh! But anyways, I did the best I could... so... ENJOY!
I didn't use that many products. I just have CG's Mink all over the lids to give that sparkly look. Then I put the bronzy shade from Natural Smokes quad into the crease. And finally deepened the outer V w/ the darkest brown shade in that quad. Lined my eyes w/ Physician's Formula's gel liner (which I will do a review soon!) on the top and bottom lash lines!
I wanted to add the sparkle onto my cheeks so I used Physician's Formula highlighter! Overall, it is a pretty dramatic look and I think it turned out pretty good. I might've changed the outer V a little bit... but I think it is very nice for a smokey look to go out and dance the night away!
♥ So what's new w/ you all??? ♥ I've been away for too long :P but I do have something to show you! It will SHOCK you!
I saw... the Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge!!! YUP - Prince William and Kate Middleton when they visited Canada for Canada Day!
Besides that I've been working and just enjoying my summer... reading and watching movies and hanging out with friends! You know, the usual!
♥ I've also been HAULING!!! WOO HOO :) I will be doing a post on it soon... see you all then
I have noticed lately that my make up collection is quite large and I feel like I need to challenge myself to use it up more! So last week, I decided to use different eyeshadow combinations everyday. I decided to take pictures and show you guys what I came up with!
I usually just put one color on my lids and then that's pretty much it, but this time I wanted to actually do lid and crease shades.
Just remember that these are pretty natural and subtle. I don't want to wear too much when I go to work!! Okay, so ENJOY~
Lid & Highlight: Covergirl single in Mink Crease: MAC's Sketch
Lid & Highlight: WnW's Mojave Mauve Crease: ELF's bronzer side
I didn't have one for Friday because my sister took my camera. I do remember using a WnW trio in Silent Treatment and then my Maybelline Chai Latte. But yeah, what did you guys think? Don't I look tired??? Haha these pics were all taken at 7:45 AM so yes, I am pretty tired.
Also, don't I look really tan??? Jeez, I have the grosses tan lines. But this is why I pretty much stop using bronzers.
So I went rock climbing yesterday and realized: 1) I hate climbing stuff 2) I am kinda scared of heights 3) I am WEAK! 4) I strangely would go back... hahaha
But yeah yesterday was fun... my sister and I made these oreo chocolate truffles for Father's Day:
However, when I tried to melt the chocolate... it FAILED!!! So bad!!!! And I was shocked how I failed to melt chocolate... I'm not gonna go into details but let's just say that it was... WEIRD!!!! Haha... they ended up tasting pretty good anyways though.
So lately, I've been wanting to experiment with nail colors. I wanted to combine a couple of colors to make like a splatter type design but it FAILED miserably!!! Haha. I hope you guys enjoyed more of my favorite things.
I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of Applebee's food but their drinks are delicious!! Go for Happy Hour - 1/2 off all drinks. I went twice - once I got the frozen strawberry margarita. Another time I got their White Peach Sangria - DELISH!!
Being a completely BROKE college student is kinda good for my make up collection. For the first time ever, I'm using up products - milking it to the last drop - getting my money's worth. Here are some mini reviews for you and this is also a post to show off too haha!! I am very proud to have finished these make up items.
1) BBW's CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint: AMAZING product!!!!! I seriously DEVOURED this product because it was soooo moisturizing. Some people say that it is a bit sticky which is true. It is also really not tinted. It's pretty clear. But I love this product so much... it just feels sooo good on the lips and makes my breath smell great! YES I will repurchase!!
2) CoverGirl's Amazemint Lip Gloss in Slaphappy: this is very similar to the first one I mentioned except it is a wand applicator. This one is good because it is more pigmented but doesn't last as long on my lips as the BBW one. I really like the minty feel. I don't like the packaging though- it is kind of ugly. That's why I don't reapply that much. Still - I used up this lip gloss like nothing else! In terms of repurchase - Maybe. I would but last time I went to check out the color selection, all I saw was shimmery and frosty colors. I didn't really see a color that I like.
1) L'Oreal's Bare Natural Mascara: this is a fantastic mascara!!!! Love the way it makes my lashes look - although it is really natural looking, I like that it makes my lashes stand out more and just define my eyes a bit more. This and Maybelline's Full and Soft are really good mascara for that everyday, natural lashes. I think this might've given my lashes a bit volume than Full and Soft though. Yes, I would repurchase.
2) Rimmel's Mineral Bronzer in Sunlight: I love this bronzer - especially in the winter time. Now that it is summer, it makes me look a bit more tan than I want but in the winter, it gives me a really natural tan. Honestly though, look how much I've used that product up - I obviously love it. In terms of repurchase... I don't think I would because I already have a Milani and a NYC bronzer waiting for me. But I recommend this bronzer completely to you guys.
1) Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Pencil in Rockstar: Wow this pencil is so awesome because it can simply glide on my lids with no tugging but it pretty stays there ALL day with minimal fading. It is FANTASTIC! The only thing that I don't like about it is that I have to sharpen it and I waste a lot of product doing that. It is also really easy to loose the sharp tip that you get after sharpening. I got this from a swap but I don't know if I would pay $18 for a pencil. I might though if I don't find a drugstore alternative.
2) ELF's $1 Eyeshadow Primer: This is an essential make up item for me. I use this EVERYDAY! I wrote a couple of things about this primer on another post. Yes, I would repurchase for sure!!!
3) CoverGirl's Perfect Point Plus in Grey Khaki: I like this eye pencil because it is creamy and easy to glide on. It smudges like crazy though and fades really fast. However, when I go over it with eye shadow, it lasts all day for me! So in a sense, it works well as a liner base for my eye shadows. Very weird, but I like doing it a lot! I'd rather do that than purchase the Revlon Colorstay pencils because those liners are so dry and hard to use. In terms of repurchase - maybe. I do believe there are cheaper and creamier eye liners out there. If I'm just using this as a shadow base, might as well just go with a cheaper alternative.
4) ELF's Eye Brightening Shadow Quad in Butternut: My first eye shadow palette EVER! I just wanted to show you the damage that I have done with the highlighter shade. I don't know if I will ever finish the rest of that palette but I definitely use that shade A LOT! It is probably my favorite highlight shade - it's like a off-white yellowish kinda color. Really pretty sheen for the brow bone!! LOVE IT. Yes, if I could just repurchase that shade only, I would get it for sure.
So I hope this helps and maybe inspire you to use up your products instead of purchasing more items!!!
Please comment and tell me what make up item you have used up recently and would you repurchase?
Ah! It's hard to get back to writing when you haven't done it in forever. I really had a hard time figuring out what to write but I really wanted to talk about this product since I have been using this for awhile and has formed a strong opinion on this.
What I'm talking about is the Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara.
The brush is a bit different. It has a curve and it is recommended to use with the "spoon side up". I like the brush - it isn't too big but not too small. The bristles work well to cover each eye lash but also help separating the lashes so that it isn't clumpy.
So far, no complaints here. Application is pretty simple and easy - just like any other mascaras that I've used so far. So let me show you the results!
After (1.5 coats):
As you guys can see, I don't think after 1.5 coats, the mascara has given the "Falsies" effect! I think it adds a bit of volume and a bit of length making my lashes stand out more but not to the point of drama! I like using this because it gives my lashes a nice everyday look... which isn't really what people are looking for when they want to go buy a mascara that is called "The Falsies". I do like the way my lashes look but it is somewhat a disappointment in terms of getting crazy big lashes. I suppose I could put on more coats but I feel like that would make my lashes clump together and be very unnatural looking.
Overall, this mascara makes my lashes look better... but it doesn't add enough volume or length to make it look like false lashes at all.
The BIGGEST problem I have with this mascara is: FLAKING!!!! and raccoon eye issues!
UGH! I have the biggest problem with this mascara flaking and smudging on my bottom lash line! Without fail, every time I come home from school or checking my make up in the mirror, I would see a bit of darkness around the outer edge of my lower lash line. I can't imagine anything else causing this but my mascara... this really annoys me. I don't think I have ever experienced a bigger smudging issue with any other mascaras!!!
I even tried putting mattifying powder on that part of my lower lash line to try to prevent this issue. It works SOMETIMES and not others...
Overall, I don't think I would repurchase! I like the way that it adds volume and length and my lashes were separated. I think it holds my curls well. However, I believe there are better mascaras out there that would not do this to me and would still give my lashes a great look. I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Max Factor 2000 Calorie but we all know Max Factor is a bye bye in the US.
If you know a better volumizing mascara - please let me know!!