The rules for these awards are:
*Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
*Tell us 7 things about yourself.
*Award 15 recently discovered new bloggers.
*Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award(s).
---- Seven Things:
1) I love fortune cookie fortunes - sometimes you get bad ones but when you get good ones, it's pretty awesome - makes my day. The last one I got said something like:
"A pleasant surprise will happen soon--" in bed... ha ha jk jk!
2) I can't play sports but I want to be a better tennis player. I try to go every week!
3) I used to be able to write HTML codes pretty well - I knew what .cgi and .shtml and .php was. Yup I have always had a website from when I was 13 to now. Now, I'm more chill with it - I just use blogspot - but back in the day... oh man... I was quite a master at web design!
4) I don't know what my favorite movie is but my favorite chick flick is probably "The Holiday" followed by "She's The Man" ha ha
5) I LOVE anything potato - fries, hash brown, tater tots, mash potatoes... YUM!
6) I was born in Vietnam and moved to America when I was 8 - although people always comment on my lack of accent. That's good I guess.
7) I really wish I could read more often!! I miss books - weird huh.
---- I want to award this to everyone who has a blogspot! It takes a lot to write/update a blog so I think you guys all deserve it. Of course, I'll try to narrow it down to a few websites that I have always enjoyed reading:
In Her Makeup Bag
Ahleessa 4 Realz
Confessions of a Beauty Guru
Mocha Mish Mash
Pretty Much Makeup
Shop N Chomp
Okay - I'm suppose to do 15... but I don't have time to find more!! Enjoy the award :) You guys are awesome.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY (early)
So what do you guys think of these "anti-Valentine's" people? I remember when I was in Middle School, during Valentines day - a few of my teachers would wear "Anti-Valentine's Day" T-shirts. I am sure they all have husbands but I think they believe, as some others do, that Valentine's Day is a corporate Holiday and a day that makes all singletons feel bad! In some ways I agree - being single and all - can't really celebrate it like how it's meant to be celebrated. Still, I think the act and emotions of being in love is worth a day of celebration! I've had my share of heartbreaks and disappointment, the pangs of love you might say, and yet I still support this holiday wholeheartedly!
So I say to all you couples: I'm jealous of you guys but I wish you guys the greatest happiness - and enjoy your day :)
And to your singles out there: No need to sulk - spend the day with people you love or do something that you love. Just know that your day will come - keep your heart and mind open :)
"A course of true love never did run smooth" - William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
"If music be the food of love, play on" - William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
Me? I have an exam on Tuesday at 1PM so I'll be studying on Monday! Sad you say? Well - that's life I guess ;-p But don't worry - I had a mini celebration w/ mah girls already!!
Have a great day, thanks for reading this non beauty related post