Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rimmel Moisture Renew

Rimmel lipsticks, in general, has gotten a lot of rave from many bloggers and youtubers. As I read the various reviews on Makeup Alley and such, my curiosity is sparked and I was determined to purchase one of my own and write my own review. As luck would have it, these babies were 50% at Walgreens a few weeks ago and I jumped immediately to the opportunity.

I picked up: Dusty Rose.


Now don't be fool - the actual lipstick is a lot darker than this picture. How I would describe this lipstick is a neutral but has a bit of a mauve and rosy pink undertone (more mauve though). I would say that this is one of those things people call: MY LIPS BUT BETTER (MLBB) color. So, I would say that it is darker than some of you - especially people with fair skin.



Flash // No Flash


See how my lips look a bit darker w/ no flash? The actual color comes off more creamy than glossy. Even though I would probably use this for everyday, I think it is more suitable for special events/nights and would look great with minimal make up.

So does the title "MOISTURE RENEW" hold up to it's name? YES, I think this lipstick is really moisturizing. It glides on easily and I think it is very creamy. As far as pigmentation goes, I can imagine some other colors being sheer but buildable. I chose a darker color so I didn't see any flaw in pigmentation. But I definitely love that it has SPF 18 and is moisturizing. Staying power on the other hand is not the best - it is actually just normal. I think it would last 1-2 hours on my lips if i don't eat and drink.

The only thing that I don't really care much for is the packaging. I don't like the purple and the lipstick container seems a bit flimsy. Now, I have had 2 other Rimmel lipsticks before - both in much older containers; one in Birthday Suit and one in Latino.


This picture shows Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Birthday Suit

I have to say that compared to the older lipstick, smell and taste are pretty much the same. I am okay with the smell but I hate the taste. Overall, not much of a change from the old lipstick except for the fact that it is a lot more moisturizing and has a bit more color selection.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that yes, I think I would reommend this lipstick. I think I might try other shades myself. I think I was mostly disappointed with my choice since I was hoping to buy a new summer shade. Also, I noticed that I already have similar looking lipsticks...


Maybelline's Moisture Extreme Rum Raisin // Rimmel Moisture Renew Dusty Rose


L'Oreal Color Juice Stick Chai Love You // Rimmel Moisture Renew Dusty Rose


Chai Love You // Dusty Rose // Rum Raisin


I guess it is pretty easy to see that Dusty Rose is the darkest one. Well, at least I hear that Sunset is a good dupe for a MAC lipstick so I that might the next shade I try.

Let me know which shade you like best from this line! I would love to hear your opinion.

7 comments:

  1. I never did get Birthday Suit and now it's discontinued. Boooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in "Nude Delight" which is quite nice. =)

    P.S I screamed like a kid when he made that goal XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color looks so gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try these lipsticks! I saw them last time I was at K-Mart, but they have the plastic barcode sticker over the side so you cannot open them to look at the color :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that now I'm tempted to get Rum Raisin. I think I've swatched it before at the maybelline counter. Pretty MLBB color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color looks good on you! I really like Coral Shimmer, it's a great summer shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review! i have been curious about these as well and now i must grab one to try! i usually go for darker colors as well cuz my lips are quiet pigmented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my post and writing a comment! Please come back because I do try to respond to every comment!

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails