Tuesday, January 5, 2010

If you have a brain, Do-It-Yourself!

So, besides make up, I LOVE to DIY! Especially sewing wise.

For example, a year ago, I made:




My sister got me the pattern for my birthday and I went to town with it!

For awhile, my sewing machine was broken and I couldn't do anything with it but I got a new one for Christmas this year.

So...

I made THIS:



What the heck is that?? Well, let me show you -


It is a brush... roll... sorta. It has places for me to hold my brushes on the right and then on the left, I made a little pouch for random make up. And let me tell you - I was so surprised by the amount that could fit in that pouch!




Definitely NOT PERFECT! The patch at the top to cover the bristles is not straight... SIGH! Oh well. I'll live.



So this might not be something that everyone can do - but I hope it is some sort of inspiration for you and your next project!

This took me... if I were to sit and do this - 12 hours. Yes, I made a bunch of calculation mistakes... but it is my first brush roll though.

I still think this pouch is GREAT for light travel. Just pop in a concealer, blush, bronzer, liner, mascara, chapstick and lipstick (YES, that will all fit! especially with smaller products like Jane's blushes or Covergirl's blushes and a drugstore shadow quad) and I'm all set!

If anyone wants more info - just go ahead and ask! And if you don't have your own sewing machine - JUST sew by hand. It works just as great.

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute and functional! I absolutely adore the bag that you made too - soooooo cute! Love the colorful stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks. I have to tell you that the bag eventually broke apart... but I did use the heck out of it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the brush roll/make up bag thing you made! it's super cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so creative! Genius idea to add a pouch in that brush roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww, that's so great!! I wish I could sew, but I fail majorly both ways ~_~; The brush roll is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that's so true! DIY is fun and you can personalize it the way you want.

    Cuuuuute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I really love both the bag and the brush roll thingy. If you have a pattern for the brush holder I'd love to have it. Or if you can even just tell me about how big and in what shape to cut the fabric I can probably figure out how it goes together. XD Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my post and writing a comment! Please come back because I do try to respond to every comment!

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails